The ArtSchool offers a diverse range of art classes to adults of all ages. The oldest program of The ArtsCenter, the ArtSchool has provided year-round community arts education to Triangle residents for 50 years. Professional artists provide quality arts education in subjects as varied as ceramics, digital arts, dance and cooking.
March is our Annual Student Exhibit, and all current and former ArtSchool students are welcome to participate! We will accept submissions between February 17 to February 28. Click here for the Student Exhibit Submission Form.
• Please register in advance to ensure your enrollment. Courses with insufficient enrollment may be cancelled up to 72 hours in advance of the first class meeting. See below for information about our day-of registration fee. The ArtsCenter will contact you if your class is canceled.
• All courses are open to adults and teens ages 15 & up unless otherwise noted. Thirteen and 14 year olds may be admitted to many
courses— please check with the instructor prior to registering.
• All materials fees are paid directly to the instructor at the first class meeting (please bring exact change), except where otherwise noted in the course description.
• You may register in person at The ArtsCenter front desk; by mail with the registration form below; or by phone (929-2787 x 201) with a credit or debit card. You may also register online at www.artscenterlive.org.
• The ArtsCenter front desk is open 11am-5pm weekdays and noon-4pm on Saturdays.
• Please make checks payable to The ArtsCenter. There will be a $25 service charge on returned checks.
• College students with ID are eligible for Friends’ prices on up to two courses per session.
• Material lists are provided to students for certain classes. Students may wish to wait until their class has met its minimum enrollment before purchasing their materials. The ArtsCenter is not responsible for materials purchased for a class that is canceled. Please contact the front desk to inquire if your class has met its minimum.
• Beginning the summer of 2012, students registering the day a class begins (or after class begins) will be charged a $5 late fee. (Swing Dance registration is the exception to this rule).
All refund requests must be made in writing
The ArtsCenter will retain a $10 processing fee on all registrations. When the course is held as scheduled, the refund policy is as follows:
• Full tuition refund (less $10 processing fee) up to one week prior to the first class meeting.
• 50% tuition refund (less $10 processing fee) during the week prior to the day of the first class meeting.
• The etix fee for registering online is non-refundable.